søndag, november 12, 2006

Lamp shade


Lamp shade
Originally uploaded by Bente2005.

In my sewing room I have an old iron bed after my grandmother, she had that bed from her childhood. And of course I have a quilt on it.........
I was going to take a rest on this bed. Looking at the ceiling and my lamp there..........with an ugly lamp shade.........wondering what I could do with that, I was looking around in my room, and on the table, there was a quilted bowl.
I got the idea to make a lamp shade in the same way....... YIPPI!!!! so fun to try out that. I forgot that rest I should take :-)
I used stabilizer and white organza as fabric. Then the shade is embellished with knitting yarn.

Bigger photo here

I'm very satisfied with it, It could not hang in my seewing room, so it ended as a new lamp shade over the kitchen table..........And I still have an ugly shade on my seewing room, haha.............. I have to make more of this :-)

Etiketter:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonym said...

What a wonderful idea, and the lampshade looks great! Now, you need to make one for your sewing room.....
(Thankyou for visiting my blog Bente and for your lovely comments.)

12:04 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonym said...

Så fin din lampa blev! Jättehärlig!

3:59 p.m.  
Blogger Nina In Norway said...

Hi Bente, I just found your blog and have been reading through it. I've really enjoyed it, even thou I’ve seen some of it before, on “Norsk Quiltegruppe”, but I will be back for more. I know you are active and make some lovely things.

10:22 a.m.  

Legg inn en kommentar

<< Home